9.21.2011

Scookies

So I made THESE the other day, but with a few changes of my own.

- I added about a extra 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup flour  = made them more cake-y, and more like scones. Hence the name "scookies" (coined by my beloved fiance, whom these were for in the first place).
- I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract. Heavenly.
- Didn't use nuts cause I didn't have any...
- Used 1/2 the suggested amount of sugars, and added 1/3 cup pure maple syrup. Two full cups of sugar is just way too much sweetness in my opinion.
- And using margarine for cookies is like using milk for motor oil. Don't do it. Ever.

Aaand like usual I forgot to take pictures, so you're going to just have to take my word for it.

Enjoy!

Original Recipe:

  • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) white chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Preparation

  • Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
  • Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in oats, morsels, and pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
  • Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors