4.06.2011

Muddy Buddies

As a kid, we weren't normally allowed to eat any sugar or dairy. The only time we could was when my mom liked something so much herself that she couldn't resist making it. So when my mom finally found something that was her kryptonite, Kenny and I were not complaining in the very least. It's another easy recipe, and I haven't really found anyone who doesn't like it. I've also heard some people call it Puppy Chow too cause I guess it looks like dog food.

Ingredients:
- 1 box (9-10 cups) of Chex Cereal (corn, rice, wheat or a mix)
- 1 heaping cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (NO margarine or fake stuff)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla OR 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Large/2-gallon ziplock bag

Mix:
Pour cereal into a big mixing bowl and set aside.
Melt everything else EXCEPT powdered sugar over low heat in a saucepan till smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla or almond extract.
Pour over cereal and mix till evenly covered.
Pour into zip-lock bag and dump the powdered sugar in. Seal the bag with plenty of air still inside to keep the bag puffed up, and shake around till everything is evenly dusted in the powdery white goodness.
Lay out on a cooking tray to cool. Store in an airtight container or zip-lock bag if there is any left over.

EDIT: So I was thinking that somehow adding coffee or espresso to these would make them absolutely divine, but I am not somewhere where I can actually try it. If any of you are feeling inspired and try something that works, I'd love to hear about it in any comment below!!

PS I apologize for the false advertising yesterday. I promise I WILL get the Rustic Olive and Red Pepper Bread posted soon; it's not a recipe I know off the top of my head, and I didn't have a chance to find the recipe book. So with no further excuses, I promise I'll get it up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors