4.11.2011

Simple Steak

So this week I'm going to try to be good and stick with lots of proteins and vegetables and breads, not sugars (I think).


I'm off to a good start, since I made this this weekend: --->

Well, this is what it looked like beforehand.

I firmly believe that the best steak is the kind where you can actually taste steak, not a ton of flavorings and tenderizers and sugar and whatnot. This was a very simple dry rub that I let it sit in overnight:

- Equal amounts of course salt and roughly ground pepper.
- Dash of chili powder
- Some dried garlic/onions
Mix it all together then apply generously to the beef. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit overnight.



When it's time to grill, take the beef out and let it come to room temperature before you actually grill it. This will help it cook more evenly and a bit quicker.
I left the actual grilling to my wonderful boyfriend, and made french press coffee instead. If you don't know how to grill steak, you can visit How To Grill Steak for some tips.
I also boiled some fresh sweet corn, and steamed some broccoli florets in the meantime.

Simple dinners are winners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors