5.11.2011

Bacon/Asparagus Quinoa


So this is admittedly one of my strangest concoctions... It was a brainchild that resulted from plain ol' hunger and whatever I found in my cupboards and fridge. It ended up tasting like a kind of fried rice, with all the nutrients and protein of quinoa.
Ingredients:
- Quinoa, cooked as directed but with chicken or beef stock instead of water
- Bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- Asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces and boiled till tender
- Fresh chopped garlic to add to the quinoa after it's cooked

Mix it all up. I added some salt and pepper to taste. I can't say that this was the absolute best tasting thing I've ever made, but it was good, wholesome, very filling, and quinoa is supposedly the most healthy grain you can eat. So it's still a win-win for me =).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors