6.15.2011

Snickerdoodles




I am not as strong as I seem. Or would like to be. Today is the fateful day where I crossed the line between at least pretending that I have a reason to bake cookies and baking cookies because I am missing my boyfriend and want to sit and eat something sweet and feel sorry for myself. I've made it 20 days, with 55 to go, so I guess it's not a horrible record. Regardless, I made some pretty killer snickerdoodles, and figured the least I could do was to share them with you all. 





  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C)
  • Place the butter in a medium saucepan, and melt over medium heat until the butter is browned. It will go from melty to foamy to bubbly to flat; stir constantly so it doesn't burn. Let it cool for 5 minutes in the fridge.  It will still be a bit warm.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the butter and 1 cup of white sugar until smooth and the butter is completely cool. Stir in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the batter until blended. 
  • Roll the dough into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, but still soft.



Dunk them in a glass of vanilla almond milk and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I spent a summer taking advantage of Safeway's 2 for 5 dollars pints of ice cream when my boyfriend and I were doing long-distance. Probably wasn't such a good idea; I might have been better off baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors